- Identity Data including forenames, last name
- Contact Data including home address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data including company/personal accounts and financial referencing
- Transaction Data including payments made for services you have received from us
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our business partners and your communication preferences.
How do we add your personal data?
|Purpose/Activity||Type(s) of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To initially engage with you to discuss your requirements||– Identity
|Legitimate Interest until the point of a management and lettings contract being signed – then the lawful basis shall default to Contractual|
|To process and deliver our service as agreed||
|To respond to case enquiries and input to and defend against complaints||– Identity
|Contractual, to comply with our legal obligations|
|To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||– Identity
To comply with a legal obligation.
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise).
|Marketing purposes – to promote our products and services to you, as well as any product or service we deem to be relevant based on your enquiry||– Identity
|Upon first enquiring with us we will hold your data under the lawful basis of legitimate interest. If a contract is then entered into between us (ACL) and you (The Landlord) we will operate under a contractual lawful basis.|
We use your personal data for the arrangement of services, as well as for the purposes of keeping you up to date on our offerings and services as a company through our marketing material.
Change of purpose
We will only use your data for the purposes stated above, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason. Please note that we may process your data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your data to only those at Specwall, advisors and third party service suppliers who have a business need to know. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Website third-party links
Specwall’s website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Who we disclose your data to:
Your data may be shared with third parties for the following purposes:
|Type of recipient||Reason|
|Within Specwall||Depending on your requirements, it may be necessary to share your data with third party specialists and service providers in order for us to provide a service which meets your requirements.|
These companies are required to ensure appropriate security measures are in place and maintain the confidentiality of your data, and to use your data only in the course of providing such services and in accordance with Specwall’s instructions or legal requirements.
How long is your data retained?
Your data will only be retained as long as is deemed necessary for our business purposes.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to delete the data for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate ground to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- Complain to the Information Commisioners Office.
If you have any questions or complaints relating to how we use your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us. We will respond to you as soon as is possible. The length of time will depend on the type and complexity of the request, but you will receive a response no later than one month from the initial request.
Specwall gives notice that the information provided herein is produced for the general promotion of the properties and does not form part of any contract or offer. This information has been prepared in good faith and is believed to be correct as at the date of publication although the accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All images are for illustration purposes only and, in respect of proposed services, are intended to provide a general indication of the service only.